BackYardWaterfowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BackYardWaterfowl

BackYardWaterfowl!!!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Quality 2009 Colored Sebastopol Geese for Sale!
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am by Cottage Rose

» Small Sebbie Flock F/S - New York
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:08 am by judithkorff

» Don't give up!
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:59 pm by muscovyfan

» Help Needed! Ocala Park to kill 200 muscovies! Send an e-mail...
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:08 am by jenidukes

» Male Muscovy Problem Child
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:03 am by jenidukes

» Dufuss!
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:40 pm by Muscovychef

» New Member today
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm by Mahsmaj

» Muscouvy Chicks
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:06 pm by dougthorn

» trio white chinese geese
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 pm by tbrown

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think my Indian Runner is a mutt...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Wifezilla

Wifezilla
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

Not that there's anything wrong with that Very Happy
(and she was free)

Am I imagining things?
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... 1002154vf6
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... 1002161vu7
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... 1002160ja3
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... 1002159zr3

Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose

Sure are pretty!
I've always wanted Runners but know nothing about them.
Wish more people wre posting here that could help you. What are the brown ones with the dark heads?

http://www.freewebs.com/cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms/

Wifezilla

Wifezilla
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

The light brown one with the green head is a Khaki Campbell Drake (Jack). The other brown one with the darker head is a Dark Khaki Campbell hen (Janet). The more solid light brown duck is my Buff (Lana). The splotchy one is supposed to be a fawn runner (Chrissy).

4I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 am

Ethan

Ethan
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

I have two splotchy runners like yours, and the rescue shelter I got them from said they are likely mutts as well. They aren't very upright, but enough that you know they have runner blood.

They seem to have taken to my Pekin drake. I wonder how many of their eggs I should hatch out. I want to have some just out of curiosity, and the young may be decent dual purpose birds.

http://www.freewebs.com/teerling/

5I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 am

cwhit590

cwhit590
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

Well all your ducks look very healthy and happy!

I would say she is a mutt...like Ethan said, they should be more 'upright' and slender looking. Her body type looks similar to the Campbells you have. Another possibility is that she could be from a hatchery 'production strain'...bred more for egg-laying ability than correct body type.

Does she walk any different from your other ducks? I've heard runners have a distinct walk/run (as opposed to waddling around like other breeds).

Either way, she's a beauty! Wink

Caleb

6I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:52 pm

Wifezilla

Wifezilla
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

The opinion of the group on BYC is that she is a production duck. She walks a little different, but not much. Since I want eggs, (and she was free) I am not bothered. I just didn't want to offer hatching eggs to anyone unless I could tell them what they came from.

Last edited by Wifezilla on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mahsmaj

Mahsmaj
Administrator
Administrator

That was aa GREAT idea because if somebody told me that I was paying for runner eggs and got mutt eggs, I would be mad... but theres nothing wrong with mutts! Its just the price difference... Mutts can be beautiful!

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/index.php

Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose

Yes, your ducks are VERY pretty! Smile

9I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Wifezilla

Wifezilla
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

Well, I think they are cute but I am biased Very Happy

Here is my latest pic of the flock. Lana is in the lead. She has SO taken over.
I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Duckflockzp2

10I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose

Love them! I love you
Love the drake with the dark head!
The duck on the far right looks like it has an arrow in its head! Laughing

11I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 pm

cwhit590

cwhit590
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

Great picture Wifezilla! You're really making me want to get some ducks!!!

12I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Empty Re: I think my Indian Runner is a mutt... Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Wifezilla

Wifezilla
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

I missed picking up one of the arrows when I was practicing. I did NOT shoot at the ducks...honest!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum