BackYardWaterfowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BackYardWaterfowl

BackYardWaterfowl!!!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Quality 2009 Colored Sebastopol Geese for Sale!
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am by Cottage Rose

» Small Sebbie Flock F/S - New York
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:08 am by judithkorff

» Don't give up!
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:59 pm by muscovyfan

» Help Needed! Ocala Park to kill 200 muscovies! Send an e-mail...
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:08 am by jenidukes

» Male Muscovy Problem Child
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:03 am by jenidukes

» Dufuss!
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:40 pm by Muscovychef

» New Member today
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm by Mahsmaj

» Muscouvy Chicks
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:06 pm by dougthorn

» trio white chinese geese
Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 pm by tbrown

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game bird food with scratch feed for ducks, geese?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ethan

Ethan
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

Hi all, as I add more scratch feed to my flock's diet to heat them up for the winter, I know the nutrition and protein go down in their diet, so how about including game bird pellets for a nutritional boost?

http://www.freewebs.com/teerling/

candygirlinpa

candygirlinpa
A Tiny Little Duckling
A Tiny Little Duckling

We just feed ours their regular grower/layer feed. Should we start to include cracked corn? What else should we be feeding them? They do get treats of greens, peas and wild birdfood. They spend their day at the pond eating also.

Mahsmaj

Mahsmaj
Administrator
Administrator

Including gamebird pellets wouldnt hurt a bit, In fact thats a good idea! I feed mine a mix of layer pellets and cracked corn. The corn is to fatten them up for the winter... they will need some of the fat when it comes spring and baby hatching time! plus they will lose the extra weight later on...

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/index.php

Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose

Ethan I've never had any problems adding some cracked corn or scratch feed during the winter months. My geese seem to prefer that over layer pellets anyway.
I think I'm going to pick up some of the gamebird pellets to see if they like that better than the layer pellets.

Candygirl... in cold climates a bit of cracked corn helps them stay warm during the winter months.

Boy are we having a COLD & snowy winter so far.

http://www.freewebs.com/cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum